At PREFERRED Therapy Providers, we are committed to helping your private practice grow. We secure and manage contracts with PPOs, insurance carriers, and third party payors on a national, regional, and local level, allowing you more time with your patients.
With a full suite of contracting, marketing and insurance industry resources, PREFERRED creates a platform for opportunities to increase patient access to your practice. PREFERRED offers the following benefits of membership and more:
- Healthplans/PPO Contracts: Our team of experts initiate, procure and manage multiple insurance contracts for you.
- Flexibility: As a PREFERRED member, you have access to all contracts available in your market, which allows you to opt in or out of agreements to meet the needs of your business.
- Security: Our existing payor agreements protect you from arbitrary reimbursement reductions.
- Marketing support: PREFERRED helps you optimize your resources for business growth and development with numerous marketing and support services.
- Customer service: Friendly, knowledgeable and personal support for your contracting, claims and marketing questions.
- Value: Competitive pricing for annual membership fees, flexible payment options and multi-dimensional marketing support features.
- Vendor access: Substantial discounts on supplies and services through PREFERRED's established network of rehabilitation vendors.
PREFERRED: Turning Challenges into Success...TOGETHER
- Which contracts are signed and active? ("Currently Negotiating" doesn't count!)
- Does the network contract supersede other network contracts? Do I have a choice?
- Does the network complement other relationships?
- Is my annual membership fee based on patient volume or is it a predictable flat fee?
- Should I accept all payor contracts, regardless of the reimbursement?
- Do they limit participation in other networks?
- Who are the principals and do they represent the profession appropriately?
- How long has the network been in business?
- What are the requirements of membership?
- Is a payor client listing available?
- What is their track record on customer service?
- Will they be an ongoing resource for my business in general, including questions about managed care and contracting?
- Can I review the provider network agreement and sample fee schedules before I join?
- Is this network right for me?
- What other value-added services and resources are available to me?