Questions To Ask
Thinking of joining a network? Here are some questions to ask before determining if a network is right for your business:
- Which health insurance contracts are signed and active? (If any contracts are listed as “Currently Negotiating” they don’t count)
- Does contracting with the network supersede other existing network contracts? Do I have a choice?
- Does the network complement other relationships I have?
- Is my annual membership fee based on patient volume or is it a predictable flat fee?
- Should I accept all payor contracts regardless of reimbursement? Am I required to?
- Are there any limitations for participation in other networks?
- Who are the principals of the company and do they appropriately represent the profession?
- How long has the network been in business?
- What are the requirements of membership in the network?
- Is a payor client list available?
- What is the track record on customer service and support?
- Will the network be an ongoing resource for my business in general, including questions about managed care and contracting?
- Can I review the provider network agreement and sample fee schedules before I join the network?
- Is this network the right one for my practice?
- What other value-added services and resources does the network provide?